Women's health & Chinese fertility medicine, Geelong
How Chinese medicine understands women’s health
A woman’s body goes through delicate changes throughout its lifetime, from the onset of first menstrual period to menopause and our clinic places strong emphasis on the provision of Chinese women’s health and fertility medicine for Geelong and district women. From Chinese medicine’s point of view, women’s reproduction relies on kidney “Jing” or essence, as well as coordinated organs functioning. We also believe women’s physiology is dominated by blood.
In women, blood is not only the source of periods but also of fertility, conception, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding. Menstruation period is an indicator of women’s general health. It is very important that menstruation is punctuated with moderate amount of blood as it reflects good Qi (energy) and blood circulation.
Unhealthy lifestyle, diet and stress can all play a big role in changing women’s dynamic balance, causing symptoms physically and mentally. Most women had those episodes when their periods were delayed or stopped for one or more months after an emotionally or physically stressful time.
Feature of women’s health issues
- Physical and mental symptoms are shown together. For example, period pain is usually associated with emotional changes and hot flushes during menopause will lead to poor sleep and anxiety. In Chinese Medicine, we believe body and mind are interacted, we cannot ignore one and only treat the other.
- Symptoms will reoccur or get worse around period time. You may find your eczema flares up or sleep quality is even worse right before period comes.
Our approach to women’s health and fertility issues
We usually combine Chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture at our Geelong clinic to treat women’s health problems. Diet and lifestyle change are also provided. We treat body and mind as one during treatment as they cannot be separated.
Regulating period circles is our priority. For fertility issues, a good period circle reflects balanced hormonal levels and it also leads to proper timing of ovulation. Generally, a long menstruation circle associates with a delayed ovulation, and a short circle comes with an earlier ovulation.
Eliminating associated symptoms is also very important. Our goal is to get you through circles without much pain and suffering.
Common women’s health problems we see include:
- Irregular period
- Period pain
- Premenstrual symptoms or premenstrual tension (PMT)
- Peri-menopausal symptoms, such as hot flushes, sweating, anxiety, irritability, insomnia
- IVF support
- Fertility and pregnancy
- Morning sickness during pregnancy
- Thrush and excessive vaginal discharge
Geelong Chinese Medicine Clinic provides a range of treatments and Chinese herbal medicines in Geelong, including cupping and moxibustion, needle-free acupuncture, treatments for digestion issues and Chinese medicine and treatments for sleep problems.